Thursday, March 12, 2009

Styles to inspire - living rooms I love.

The first because it is tiny and beautiful. Like a doll's house. NOT kid friendly, but gorgeous nonetheless.


The second due to the ecclectic art and starburst mirrors.

If I were able to start from scratch and build my living room again, I would want it to look like Katie Lee Joel's. Peaceful, elegant and liveable.

And finally, Lisa's, because it is plain awesome. Love the separate living spaces and the mix of styles.

The whole other wall has custom bookshelves. The perfect space to entertain, watch TV and hang with kids. Plus the view to the papered foyer and french doored dining room is so perfect I can't stand it. Eventually, I would like french doors on the dining room in the new house too. I miss them!


Looking at all these photos makes see a constant pattern - they all have very light colored walls, while ours is a deep blue, inspired by this photo below. Which is also on my all time favorite list:
The blue we have, BM mineral falls, is gorgeous in the daylight and I love the contrast against my silk drapes and white trim. However, at night it turns to a color I don't necessarily like. We will not be repaining any time soon (years), but when we finally redo the room I may go in a lighter direction.

Katie's living room is BM pale smoke:

Lisa's is F&B green blue:

We're a long way from Kansas, Toto!

No comments:

Post a Comment